Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.
1 John 3:11

As most of my friends know, I love politics. I love everything about it. And I certainly love good conservative politics. That's why living in DC should be a dream come true. But the closer I get to the "action" the more I see that politics isn't really about changing anything for the betterment of all- its about winning elections. It's about tearing people apart only so you can get your views out there. It's both parties. As I enter the second half of my summer, I'm going to make a better effort to look for the good in everyone. For those whom I agree with politically, I will pray, and those I disagree with, I will pray harder. But in the end, it's showing love and understanding that will make a change in this world- not winning elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment