Wednesday, July 1, 2009

“For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.”- Romans 12:3


Growing up in the south, I knew my fair share of holier than thou Christians.  I can actually remember a time when a youth pastor from another church questioned my own sincerity in terms of salvation.  Talk about a turn off.


It can be easy to get arrogant in our faith.  Some feel because they can quote scripture at will that makes them a better Christian.  And at times, I'll admit that because I don't read the Bible as often as I should, I wonder about my own standing with God.


The truth is though, we are lucky, very lucky.  Because we have an all loving God who loves us, even when at times we don't love him.  It is my hope that a strengthened relationship with Christ will not bring arrogance, but instead understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment