Thursday, August 27, 2009

Always

So I am a bit behind on my blog....I could use the excuse that school started back and I got busy but it's just that, an excuse.  The reality of it is, I haven't made it as much of a priority this week as I should have.

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

2 Corinthians 5:17

The nice thing is, today is a new day.  It's so easy to get caught up in what we haven't done in the past- or in some cases what we have done.  It's really easy to think, because I did this, I can never do this.  For me its easy to think, I haven't done my blog this week, maybe I will start back next week.

The nice thing is, God doesn't care so much about our past as he does our future.

Jesus said, "Remember, I am with you always, to the end of the ages"

Matthew 28:20

God is always with us, even when we aren't with him.  What is it though that is holding us back from serving and loving him?  Maybe its a life of sin of yesterday.  Maybe its an addiction we can't seem to kick.  Maybe its an inward struggle we can't share with anyone.  No matter what it is, God is with us.

Today is a new day.  It's not about what we have or haven't done, but instead about what we will do to show our love for God.  Tomorrow is a new day.  A day full of choices.  A day full of priorities.  A day full of actions.  Where will God be in your list of things to do tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment