Friday, August 21, 2009

A New Year

It's the weekend before school starts and all of my friends who haven't graduated are coming back to town.  I've just returned from our College of Ag Ambassador Retreat and as I sit down to plan out my schedule and organize my life, I have a new outlook on what needs to be a higher priority.  I find it quite ironic, but also fitting that my daily Bible verse today dealt with temptation.

Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word panted in you, which can save you.  James 1:21

God places everything in our lives for a reason.  Before I left on our retreat I was having trouble being inspired by my daily verse.  As I checked my email, my horoscope randomly popped up (I NEVER read my horoscope), warning me to stay away from temptation.  I know this wasn't by accident, and neither was today's verse.  As the weekend before school starts, there is so much "trouble" to get in to.  It's nice to have a little reminder to keep me in check.

More important though is the reminder to make God a priority in my life, not instead an afterthought.  I pray that as I move through this semester, God's presence is known and felt in everything I do.  And I pray that I can have the strength to resist temptation and focus on serving God.

No comments:

Post a Comment